Press release writing
Do you want to write brighter press releases that secure the best possible media coverage?
This workshop is not only for press officers but also for anyone who has to deal with the press. Including elements of copywriting and journalism training, our workshop on how to write a press release covers:
- The changing media landscape
- The definition of a press release
- Structure, the importance of a killer intro and the ‘inverted pyramid’ principle of writing for news media
- How to get journalists interested in your story
- ‘Selling in’ – tips for dealing with journalists
- Top tips on style, length and vocabulary
- How to get your release to the right person at the right time
- Common mistakes to avoid
This is a practical session delivered by one of our former senior journalists. For more information on our brighter press release writing workshop, drop us a line.