Launching the Life Sciences Hub Wales
A multi-media campaign to launch the Life Sciences Hub Wales, in Cardiff Bay, and transform perceptions of the life sciences sector in Wales.
We needed to position the Hub as the place for life sciences collaboration and innovation, highlighting the Welsh life sciences industry as open for business on a global level, with the ultimate goal of driving interest and membership.
We devised an integrated campaign to generate national exposure and boost the Hub’s commercial credibility, based around a ‘Welsh Dragon’s Den’ theme. This involved:
- Securing launch attendance from Dragon’s Den star Theo Paphitis.
- Offering exclusive interview to The Telegraph with board member Sir Chris Evans, one of Europe’s leading biotechnology entrepreneurs.
- Issuing diary marker and press releases to national business journalists; arranging interviews with board chair, renowned ‘drug discoverer’ Prof Chris McGuigan.
- Targeting an ‘A list’ of key trade media journalists to encourage attendance at launch, offering exclusive interviews with Hub members.
- Developing and issuing an electronic briefing pack on Wales’ vibrant life sciences sector, issued as a ‘takeaway’ pack for the media on launch day.
- Immediately post-launch, sending electronic media packs including images of Hub board members and Theo Paphitis to key journalists.
“Brighter Comms devised a strategy that wasn't just about securing column inches – it was a targeted, brilliantly thought out campaign that focused on delivering our main objectives. Since launch we have had thousands of visitors and 90 organisations have signed up to be members – results that simply could not have been achieved without the stellar PR activity around the time of our launch and subsequently. ”Professor Chris McGuigan, Chair of Life Sciences Hub Wales board